Ban Heroin Injection Sites In king county
Shall supervised drug consumption sites for Schedule I controlled substances (RCW 69.50.204), including heroin but excluding marijuana, be unlawful in King County?
KEY POINTS OF INITIATIVE-27
1. Heroin use is a growing public health crisis.
2. Supervised drug consumption sites are inconsistent with protecting citizens and helping drug addicts.
3. I-27 Prohibits local governments and other organizations from establishing drug consumption sites in King County.
4. I-27 Protects taxpayers by prohibiting public financing of drug consumption sites.
5. Encourages local governments to offer treatment instead of continued drug use.
Call (206) 899-1320 to volunteer.